Vote In Our Fantasy Battle Tournament [Round 2]

You picked the winners to the first round of our Fantasy Battle Tournament and your getting the chance again in round two; past winners are pitted against each other, you vote on who wins, and we write out the story. Check out all the polls and the bracket in the full article and try and guess who we’ve picked is behind all this…

How it works: Below is the bracket for Round 1 and how things will go down in future rounds. You starting voting on who wins each battle and based on the results we’ll stew up some serious fan fiction fighting. And keep checking back here for links to all the fights!

….

Darkness. Sitting on his throne, surrounded by darkness, the powerful ruler of the realm smiles a devilish grin. His power has grown recently. And, if the game continues to go in his favor, he will soon be the ruler of two realms. Smiling as he recalls the first round of battles, the man in darkness cannot help but to gloat to his opponent.

“So tell me, my honorable adversary, is everything going to your liking?” asks the man in darkness maliciously.

His pale opponent, sitting on his white throne, dressed completely in white, does not respond.

“Did you like the way my Wolverine sliced up your kitty cat into filets? How about the way my Bullseye dropped your Tiger with ease? Your little Judomaster girly got abused by my Taskamster, even with her special abilities. I do have to admit that your Lady Shiva was really impressive in how she outskilled my genetically bred warrior Shatterstar. But my Iron Fist was a far better skilled warrior that your archer child. And your future warrior was no match for Daredevil. The King of Wakanda easily beat down that little girl in the bat suit. However, the original to wear the suit made my gun toting Punisher look like  rank amateur. And your mercenary with the eyepatch defeated my Widow with child like ease. But my killer Sabretooth showed your killer Deadshot who the top psychopath in town is. The Bat’s first student almost got gutted like a stuck pig by my assassin Elektra, but somehow managed to squeeze out a victory. And your assassin Cheshire tried to trick my Captain America with her feminine wiles, but was no match for the super soldier. Richard Dragon, your so called kung fu master, met his match at the hands of the deadliest woman in the universe. But my kung fu master got defeated as well by that tricky little bat child Red Robin and his arsenal of toys. Your psychotic monster Bane barely escaped with his guts intact when he faced my barbarian warrior Conan, but proved to be the more dangerous man by the narrowest of margins. Now he has to contend with my psychotic killer Deadpool who gave your Huntress a broken heart.”

“That means I have 10 men going to the second round while you only have 6. To be fair, I’ll let you play with two of my men, just to keep it interesting. You can have Bullseye and Iron Fist. However, I might ask you for something in return later. Otherwise, you can take your chances with your 6.”

The man in white says nothing. He just sits there and stares at the man in darkness for a while. Then, slowly, with the barest of movements, he nods his head slightly.

“Hahahahaha!” laughs the man darkness loudly. “Good. Now we have a battle. I will enjoy ruling your world when you lose.”

The man in white leans forward in his seat and fixes his blank gaze on the man in darkness. That long hollow stare, with it’s unspoken threat of doom behind it, gives the man in darkness his first sense of doubt. As if sensing this doubt, the man in white’s mouth twitches into the smallest 0f grins. Then a bright white light erupts from his eyes.

….

Got any guesses? Let us know!

To see a full-size version of the bracket CLICK HERE.

To download the bracket right-click the image and select “Save As…”

Round 2: Who wins?

Deadpool vs Bane

View Results

Iron Fist vs Daredevil

View Results

Batman vs Black Panther

View Results

Make sure to check back each week to see how it all goes down!

Tags:

30 Comments

1. Richie says:

Finally! I’ve been looking forward to round 2.

2. Richie says:

Bracket doesn’t match the polls. The bracket only got the Taskmaster vs. Lady Shiva, Wolverine vs. Bullseye and Batman vs. Black Panther match ups correct.

3. Doctor Deadpool says:

I may be in the minority here, but Black Panther would kick Batman’s rear.

4. Leon Silver says:

Yeah Black Panther would beat Batman

5. Richie says:

I agree with you two completely.

• Victor Kutsenok says:

I have to agree as well. Just like I thought that Conan would hand Bane his ass, but the fans rule on this one. And so far, the votes swing towards the man in the Bat suit. Get more votes for the Black Panther and we can pull off the upset of a lifetime.

• Richie says:

Sadly I think the upset of a lifetime is Red Robin beating Gamora right now. What is up with that?

6. Tim says:

The votes will probably prove me wrong, but Black Panther would beat Batman any day, they’re bassicly the same person, except Black Panther has more experiance, more advanced weapondry, and hightend senses. This is the only thing i don’t like about the blog. It’s a great blog, don’t get me wrong, and I can’t wait for it to start up again. But the blog is almost like the Kids or Teens Choice Awards, people are mostly just going to vote for their personal favorite instead of actually thinking about it.

• Victor Kutsenok says:

If you want the Black Panther to win, VOTE!!!!! Get your friends to vote. I will officially start the battles very soon. I will try to hold off on the ones that are close in the voting until the end. But the only way to get the Black Panther to win, which I definitely think he would, is to vote for him.

7. Tim says:

i already voted, but sadly i don’t have any friends that are the least bit interested in comics unless they’re being turned into a 200 million dollar movie or live action TV show.
    I also have question for you. Is there any reason why you didn’t put in superman or spiderman?

• Victor Kutsenok says:

I feel your pain Tim. I also don’t have a huge comic book group of friends. I just have to go with the flow. The reason characters like Superman or Spider Man are not included is basically that this is a fighting tournament. Only characters with regular fighting skills and no “super” powers are allowed to play. If superman was to join in, he would kill everyone in minutes, even if they all attacked him together. Spiderman would probably wipe the floor with almost all of these guys too. He is stronger than all of them. He has Spider Sense to avoid the bulk of their attacks. He has his webs which would incapacitate his opponents. I just wanted to keep it as fair as possible. If I ever get around to it, after this one is over, we’ll do a “Super” fantasy fight tournament. (Though Superman should easily win that one)

• Richie says:

Spider-Man may have powers but I’m pretty sure Cap beat him one on one during Civil War, in a Spider-Man book, while Spidey was wearing the suit Tony made for him.

• Victor Kutsenok says:

Spidey had lost his spider sense at the time, I think. Also he was in tony’s suit of armor, something he was not used to. This would be spider man at his peak. I would put my money on Spider Man each and every time. Especially with the web shooters and the long distance abilities. I would love to put it to a vote. Maybe we can do a side poll. I’ll ask the site manager.

• Richie says:

He definitely still had Spider Sense. Tony had him on the lead transport vehicle of the prisoner transfer convoy for that exact reason.

In regards to a super fantasy battle tournament I can think of 10 characters right off the top of my head who could be considered in the same “weight class” as Superman. Could he still beat most of them? Yeah, but it would still be fun.

8. LiHeiBao says:

Come on Bane! Black Panther! Nightwing! Eh, who am I kidding? LOL!

9. Richie says:

So, we getting the actual match ups anytime soon?

10. Dan Mirsky says:

Wolverine is probably going to win. None of the remaining contestants could beat him. He could last a pretty long time in a fight with superman too, so I think he would be more exciting to see in a battle with guys that have “super” powers.

• Victor Kutsenok says:

Wolverine wouldn’t last 1 minute with Superman, if Superman was in the killing mood. Wolverine can’t cut Superman. He can’t fly. He can’t do anything. Superman would just grab him and toss him into space. Fight over. As for this tournament, Wolverine is one of the favorites to win. And if I ever get any free time, I will write round two and see whether this assumption holds true.

• John says:

Deadpool is like 3-1 in fights with Wolverine, if I’m not mistaken.

11. Dan Mirsky says:

Why no catwoman?

12. M4ndalore says:

I agree that Black Panther would beat batman. Also, I think Black Panther would beat wolverine. Vibranium comes from Black Panther’s nation of Wakanda and the right frequency is put through vibranium it can cut through adamantium.
    Also, as far as a “super” fantasy fight goes I don’t think anyone could beat the Hulk if he was in it.The Hulk would definitely kill Superman and he can survive in space so that wouldn’t be an issue.

13. Bobby Blaze says:

I think the black panther and batman fight can go either way just because batman has beaten “stronger” people and is always ready for anything.
    But I do think sabretooth should beat deathstroke. Sabretooth can rip deathstrokes head off before deathstroke can figure out a way to defeat him.
    I am a marvel fan boy so maybe that’s why I feel that way.

• Victor Kutsenok says:

I personally think the Black Panther would take Batman in a fist fight, but with Batman’s arsenal of toys, the edge goes to Bats. Either way it is a popularity contest and Batman wins that hands down.
      In all honesty, and I have read every X book ever written, Sabretooth stands absolutely no chance against Deathstroke. Deathstroke is a better fighter, has better weapons, and has precog powers. Sabretooth heals well but he can still be knocked out. Wolverine had done it many times before. Deathstroke is also a master tactician and can heal himself too. For Sabretooth to win, he has to catch Deathstroke by surprise and that rarely happens. Sorry.

14. Bobby Blaze says:

Yea but when deathstroke has to heal he goes into a Insane state of mind for a period of time, which would only give sabretooth the upper hand. Deathstroke’s healing ability also has its limits, that’s why he has one eye. Sabretooth is way stronger being able to lift over 100 tons, and has better stamina because of his healing factor. Add the heighten hearing, ability to see in the dark, and adamantium bones and I don’t think deathstroke can handle being thrown into a fight against sabretooth without knowing those details.

• Victor Kutsenok says:

Sabretooth cannot lift 100 tons, that would put him in Thing level of strength’ and does not have adamantium bones. He did for a short period but Apocalypse removed the adamantium and put it into Wolverine. Deathstroke may not have Sabretooth’s senses, but he does have faster reflexes and a super tactical ability that makes it almost impossible to outthink him. He is also a hand to hand fighting master. Sabretoorth is a vicious heartless brawler. He can be sneaky but I would still put my money on Deathstroke to figure out the trap Sabretooth would set for him and come out on top in the end. It would be cool to see them fight though.

• Bobby Blaze says:

I had double checked on marvels website before posting that last comment and it said he could lift that much and currently has adamantium bones. I was surprised when I read that myself. It really would be a good fight to watch or in this case read.

Thank you for simple having a descussion about the matter, I hate when people take it to heart and start being rude just because someone doesn’t agree with them.

15. Leon SIlver says:

When are the actual fights going to start it’s been forever now :(

Author:

visit my website

I have been a comic collector and reader for 25 years. My major comic love is all things Marvel with the X-Men being at the top. I also dabble in anything and everything that catches my eye. Guess that makes me the "all over the place" reviewer. A title which I claim with pride. I am a happily married man of almost 10 years living in Brooklyn, NY with my wife and two amazing boys. I hope you enjoy my opinions and I look forward to reading and responding to any comments or criticisms.